Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I create income with my gift?
Yes! Babson has many plans for Gifts that Pay You Income. You can also provide income for a child, a grandchild, a parent, or a friend. That income can increase cash flow now and/or during retirement, pay for a college education, provide income for aging parents, or perhaps assist a loved one with special needs. You can also provide income to our institution by using a Charitable Lead Trust.
- I am unable to make a current gift, but I'd still like to support Babson in the future. Any ideas?
An easy and low cost way to make a gift to Babson is to include Babson in your will or revocable trust. Gifts by Will are a major source of current use or endowment support at our institution. Each individual legacy contributes to our financial strength and ability to meet the needs of our students and can enhance their educational experiences while here. If you have not already done so, please consider putting Babson in your will or revocable trust. See our Bequest Language page for samples of how to do this. You can also designate Babson as the beneficiary of Life Insurance, annuities, or Retirement-Plan Benefits.
- What asset should I use to make my gift?
While cash or a check is a simple way to make a gift, you might want to consider the following:
Gift Type Possible Benefits Cash Current income-tax deduction Generate income Appreciated securities, such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds Elimination or reduction of capital-gain tax Current income-tax deduction Generate income Transfer of residential, commercial, or undeveloped real estate Elimination or reduction of capital-gain tax Income- and estate-tax savings Generate income Relief from management Donate an interest in closely held or family business stock Reduce the cost of passing the business to heirs Income- and estate-tax savings Generate income Give us tangible personal property like art, books, or collectibles An income-tax charitable deduction Make our institution the owner and beneficiary of life insurance or annuities Income- and estate-tax savings
- Can I direct how Babson will use my gift?
Most often the answer to this is “yes”!! Many donors direct that their gifts be used to create or support scholarships, honor a favorite faculty member, fund programs at one of our “Centers,” support specific departments, or remember a loved one. Please be sure to discuss this when you make your gift.
- Will any type of gifts count in Babson’s Centennial Campaign?
Our Centennial Campaign is a “comprehensive” campaign. This means that all types of gifts and pledges count, such as to annual funds, endowed funds, and capital funds as well as documented planned gifts and bequests. For more information about the Centennial Campaign, see the link here: https://centennial.babson.edu/
- How will Babson recognize my gift?
Your gift will be listed in the Report of Philanthropy in the year you make the gift. If your gift is a bequest commitment or through life insurance, life-income plans, or lead trusts, you will become a permanent member of our Babson Legacy Society. Of course, we will also honor any requests for gifts to be anonymous.
- Why should I consider a gift to Babson?
Gifts are made for many different reasons. Often gifts are made:
- To express gratitude for the education that you received.
- To honor a loved one or a professor who positively impacted your education.
- To ensure Babson will maintain excellence in global business education for future students.
- To help Babson provide access to the best in entrepreneurial and experiential learning.
- To celebrate a special occasion, such as a reunion or a graduation.
- Wire and Stock Transfer Instructions
Thank you in advance and please contact our Gift Planning Office for more information.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.